Monday, August 14, 2006

Myspace and "Me"



There have been a few people that wanted to meet me from myspace and they wondered which picture in my profile was mine. No big deal, I love meeting new people especially fellow artists.

I never cared to label my picture as "Me" because... I'm not sure why... although maybe it was because deep down inside I was afraid of being rejected.

With my writing especially I want people to grasps the content of who I am as a person through my mind and not to care what I look like.

When I informed my inquirers as to which I was, they most all mysteriously went away. Which is strange that they seemed to find me more interesting before they knew what I looked like or so it appeared. They were all men; Not to male bash but what am I to think?

I don't know why but I seem to scare people. I always have and perhaps always will. Perhaps scare is too strong of a word... I don't put people at ease and for some strange reason.

Looking at it this way does gives me a bit of solace..."these people probably did me a favor because if you're afraid from just my picture then be very afraid". Besides that I absolutely abhor cowards.

I'm tall, opinionated--I've been told sadly since I was a little girl that I was intimidating. Playing stupid and small so people would like me better and to put them more at ease didn't make me the successful, most well liked person that I thought that it would. It was at near detriment to myself esteem, so I stopped. Although I think it did make me a better actress, definitely I'm a stronger person because of it. I drive a muscle car and in addition to that I'm with the wonderful Mick Dixon anyway.

I'm a really cool person who's worth knowing but it still hurts. It's a slow burn of a hurt that really bugs me deep down inside.

Life is funny...
It has a way of ultimately bring us to the thing we are most trying to avoid.
It's that way for me, anyway.

Beauty is so much more than skin deep.

--Like the phoenix from the flame I shall rise again with a new skin.

1 comment:

The Alan Heitz Show said...

Please don't lump me in that group. I've had a crazy hectic few weeks and have been all over the place. I'm hoping my week/month will clear up. For example: I spent all weekend learning 16 pages of dialogue for some film. Actual audition time... 5 minutes. Great. I shouldn't even be on here because I have to get my shit together for a scene in my acting class tomorrow... OYE!

With that said, we still need to get drinks at some point. ;)

Seriously.

And you're incredibly interesting!

Ztieh Nala!